Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you please copy that self test report to the clipboard, then paste it into a reply here?

Comment

Not sure what you mean by self test, but I'm attaching the console output from the akonadiconsole command (including stderr).
      Attached Files
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by joneall View Post
        This problem has been reported and Piotr has proposed a solution, but it doesn't work for everybody. Besides, since I use mysql for other things, I do not want to replace it with something called mariadb, whatever that may be.
        I found that the approach given by Piotr worked in the pre-release stages of Vivid, but failed when I installed the released version of Vivid.

I tried various approaches and in the end I decided to take the risk and, from what I can remember, I copied the directories:
        .config
        .kde
        .local
        from my Utopic system to Vivid. I did this when Vivid was not running. When I booted up Vivid, I had to reconfigure my desktop. Fortunately, after all of this I was able to launch Kontact without any errors and I had all the Calendar, Contacts, To-do List, Feeds and Popup Notes working with all the entries that I had entered on my Utopic system.

I have given up trying to work out where Kontact keeps all its files and it was for this reason I decided to take the plunge and do the above. I hope I have not forgotten all the hidden files that I copied. If in any doubt, it won't hurt to copy others if you think Kontact "may" use them. After all, as I have a separate Home partition, I would be installing Vivid into that. I have not currently taken his step, so I wanted to simulate what would happen if I did.

Comment

Working...
        X