This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konsole has 1st Prize for CPU Hog

While I have removed all widgets that hog my CPU, I now find that Konsole, which I use frequently for updating, also uses 100% off one of my CPU's. This happens when I exit Konsole. The attached graphic illustrates what happens when I exit console.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Konsole.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	649003

Fortunately a bug 344119 has been submitted here. It seems to be related to Nvidia drivers.

Have others observed this problem with other video cards??

Edit:

I just switched to my Intel Card and the problem does not exist. I even added the Network Monitor widget and this also did not cause any abnormal CPU usage.

So it looks like the problem is with the Nvidia driver.

It is even more obscure as the problem only occurs when an additional monitor is connected. I did observe 100% CPU usage for a short while, ie about 1 minute, and it then settled down.
    Last edited by NoWorries; Jun 15, 2015, 01:45 AM.

It doesn't hog the CPU as bad, but it does crash every time i close it down after, say, an update.
    I am using the Nvidia driver as well
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GerardV View Post
      It doesn't hog the CPU as bad, but it does crash every time i close it down after, say, an update.
      I am using the Nvidia driver as well
      When I look at the CPU load with KSysGuard I find that about 13% of the total CPU load is being used, but one of the processors is 100% utilized. The system is quite usable, but this is another example of problems to be aware off. In particular, this weekend I intend to use Vivid for a presentation using Libreoffice Impress. With this system response to Konsole exit, I will not attempt to use it prior to this activity.

I only began to keep an eye on these events after being caught out with Network Monitor.
      Last edited by NoWorries; Jun 20, 2015, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Konsole is no longer the annoyance that it was originally. I have now found that Konsole no longer starts utilizing one of my CPU's by 100% after using it once and exiting. It now happens after starting and exiting it on the 3rd attempt. I think that this change was associated with kernel updates. So I hope that the problems with Konsole and Network Monitor get acknowledged as confirmed bugs and are fixed.

Comment

Working...
        X