This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting rid of Knotes sticky icon

The Knotes stickey icon mysteriously showed up on my panel today with something displayed in - have no idea how the text got there or how the Knotes icon got on the panel. There was no possible way to get rid of the icopn or Knotes. I brought up package manager and removed Knotes. The icon remained on the panel even through 1 or 2 reboots.

Is there any way to rid the panel of that foul, totally useless thing??

If right clicking in the widget does not offer the option (i don't think it does), you will need to click the "hamburger" menu button on the far right to bring up your panel configuration stuff. Once that has been raised, it you move your mouse over the widget you will see a red X above .

I do this all the time, for a long time. I get a twitchy finger and accidentally middle click on the panel or desktop which lasted whatever is in my clipboard.

I use this as a reminder to lock my desktop widgets after playing around with them

sent via tapatalk

Comment

Okay I did the simple thing. Since my panel is essentially the default panel, I simply removed the panel and then added a default panel I reasoned that since the Knotes had been removed, bu the icon was still hanging around and was in the kde configuration file. So the icon was on the panel. Remove the panel and the panel configuration file (or the panel portion of the overall configuration file) would be deleted. That would get rid of the icon on a future panel - it did.

Comment

Knotes has nothing to do with the sticky notes widget, so removing one does not affect the other.

Note that using my trackpad, it is a bit touchy mousing over the tab to delete the thing, I should have used my mouse.

Comment

Working...
        X