This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I Create Custom Shortcuts?

I recently upgraded from Kubuntu 14.10 to 15.04. The upgrade was full of problems so I did a clean install. So far I'm really frustrated as I am unable to find some very basic functionality that I have grown fond of with previous KDE environments. Most notably "add to panel" and the ability to change the path of a shortcut. I'm trying to stay positive and have an open mind but I'm very close to dropping Kubuntu and having Mint be my new go-to distro.

I need to be able create a shortcut with a custom path. How can I do this with the new Plasma 5? I've been moderately successful creating desktop widgets based on kmenu shortcuts, but I have a need to create another one that does not originate with an existing kmenu application.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Snowhog; May 20, 2015, 10:21 AM.

You are not alone with problems with 15.04. To create a shortcut I suggest right clicking on the K Application Menu and choose Edit Applications. Decide which folder you want the new item in, e.g. Multimedia ,and mark this folder. Tap New Item and follow instructions and save. Exit the Editor and left click to open the K Applications Menu, and find the new item and rightclick on it to bring up the context menu, and choose Add to Desktop or Add to Panel. To get these options you mush have unlocked the widgets (right click somewhere on the Desktop).

Comment

While there is no "add to panel" via the right click from within the standard kmenu (it is available if you use the 'classic' menu, though ), you can drag-and-drop from there onto your panel.

Comment

Thanks, have always use the clsssic menu. Drag and drop - cool!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the replies. This was helpful.

Now onto other threads about problems with 15.04.

Comment

Working...
          X