This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefox web browser

Can I use firefox browser that comes with linuxmint distro?
    I found that firefox of kubuntu is of Canonical.
    Would like to learn the knowledge of which software is used in different linux distros.
    Thanks a lot.

It is extremely likely that mint is using Ubuntu's Firefox. They are based on Ubuntu, so they use a lot of the same things.

For a lot things, the software is the same across distros, with some minor difference in specific versions used. A distro has to package it so it works within their particular systems. Of course mint, and Ubuntu, etc do have different desktop environments, and other tools that are worth checking out.

Comment

http://packages.linuxmint.com/search...ny&section=any hints that Mint is pulling from Debian, so Ubuntu-specific patches probably aren't present.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
        http://packages.linuxmint.com/search...ny&section=any hints that Mint is pulling from Debian, so Ubuntu-specific patches probably aren't present.
        Thanks,SteveRiley.

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-T20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Firefox direct from Mozilla's download site works fine on Kubuntu, too.....

Comment

I thought repacked firefox in these cases was just a templated setup... with a few bookmarks and icons maybe but not much special.
            Kubuntu 18.04 on AMD

Comment

What's wrong with using the version of Firefox in the Ubuntu repositories? Either use Muon or just run "sudo apt-get install firefox" from a terminal prompt in Konsole. Is there something you think is missing from that? I've just used the repo version for years without any issues.

Comment

Working...
              X