Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

File Associations not working as intended.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Associations not working as intended.

Hello everyone,

I upgraded from Kubuntu 14.10 to 15.04 last week. I'm having a problem with the file associations. LibreOffice is the default application for text files no matter where it is in the priority list. I've tried to remove it from txt, c and cpp files but it doesn't help. It's like the file associations aren't being used.

Eventually, I was able to change the file association for txt documents by deleting that category and re-creating it. I'd hate having to do that for every file association that doesn't work. Any ideas what the problem might be and how to fix it? I can't be the only one experiencing this?

At this point, I'm considering wiping the kde user config files in my home folder and starting fresh to see if that helps(or worse a fresh install), but if I can avoid that, it would be great.

Thanks for any help!

I assume you set the association by right-clicking a file and modifying options under properties?

Comment

I did not. That worked! Thank you. So, the File Associations configuration window in System Settings is useless or deprecated?

Comment

As far as I know they should do the same but there's probably another issue with not all applications having been converted to Plasma5.

The reason I came to my suggestion is that this is how I usually change associations and it worked for me.

Comment

Neither system settings nor file property setting work here. File property works, however it sets the application for all other type extensions as well. Example is K3B, if set through file property, it starts k3b if you click on a text or other file types.

Comment

Working...
          X