This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icons

I upgraded from 14.04, and now am having a difficult time changing icons, and I can not deal with those translucent things that are now on the desktop.
    I've read several google results on how to change the icons, and some of them appear to be down right incorrect.
    For instance, possibly I consulted the wrong source, but here: https://techbase.kde.org/Development...5/ThemeDetails , right at the beginning of
    the article, it is stated that "A theme is described by a .desktop file in share/apps/desktoptheme" .
    Possibly my upgrade didn't upgrade as intended, but I do not have all the contents specified here in this directory. I have a muon-contenttheme directory with
    a widgets directory with one file under it, plus a metadata.desktop file.
    'Sorry for repeating this question, but I'm just wondering if my upgrade wasn't completely successful, although there seemed to be no problems, and everything
    seems to work.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by larsd; May 04, 2015, 01:39 PM.
    Murphy's Laws are always in play, and visit us at the most inopportune times.

The directory you referring to,I think, is /usr/share/app-install/desktop.
    When you open one of these files, .desktop, with Kate you see that the content of that file is similar as they describe in your link.
    You can turn desktop effects on and of with alt-shift-F12, this will turn off translucency.
    What have you tried with changing icons ?. I take it you tried changing them in System settings.
    You can also download complete themes from KDE Look
    Here is a link to a nice set http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=154498
    Add their PPA and sudo apt-get install the theme.
    sigpic

Comment

GerardV, thank you very much for your informative reply. I think 15.04 is still being ironed out and tips and tricks plus having other software developed for it.
      This forum is the best place I've found for accurate information, and friendly replies. Linux has changed a lot over the years, but almost all of it has been for the good.
      Have a great day !
      Murphy's Laws are always in play, and visit us at the most inopportune times.

Comment

Working...
      X