X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Wallpapers - different wallpapers for different virtual desktops

Hi all,

Do we no longer have the ability to put different wallpapers on different virtual desktops?

And if we do, where's the setting to enable it kept/ I have looked all over and cannot find it.

Thanks.
    --
    Intocabile

You can't even use different widgets on different virtual desktops anymore. I read on some kde forum that this is not supported anymore, and that one should use activities instead.

It is true that activities offer the same functionality, but many keyboard shortcuts for activities are missing (like "move window to next activity"), and those that are implemented are not working (Meta+Tab, Meta+Shift+Tab to navigate through activities). Besides, one cannot order the activities, and sometime a new window will open on all activities, for no apparent reason (chrome appears to do this quite often)

All of this makes them, imvho, nothing more than an interesting exercise for desktop developers/designers. A very interesting, and very promising one, but still far away from being really usable.

So for the time being I am stuck with virtual desktops, all with the same background and the same widget set.

If you find a different solution, please let me know

Comment

Earlier...

Thread: Different widgets for each Desktop missing

Try Me !

Comment

Originally posted by LinkBot View Post
        So what you're saying is that they've taken away a working feature that people used and replaced it with one that doesn't that they don't?

Sounds like where I work.
        --
        Intocabile

Comment

Working...
        X