This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vivid Bug Reporting

So what bugs have you reported? I would love to report more bugs but I don't have a laptop anymore. I broke it accidentally on purpose to clear my head. A new one will arrive pretty quickly I guess but I'm not sure yet. They are second hand's and inexpensive.

I only reported:

- bug in Plasma live session it got fixed
    - crashes in window decoration chooser it was already a duplicate

Other than that just Calligra bugs that were also duplicates

There were of course bugs with the themes and their application but I'm not sure if I should be the one reporting something so readily obvious that should be a thing people come across easily. I thought the theme setup and the theme support was pretty bad anyway (ie. no themes with non-transparent title bars) and transparency is way too much usually.

NO bugs so far, ( two days of use), but requests.

1. Reported before - Bring back different widgets and wallpaper on virtual screens
    2. Digital CPU and temperature widgets in the panel. These were available in KDE 4.
    3. Dropbox icon will not show in the panel. This needs to be fixed by Dropbox, not KDE Plasma
    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
    Always consider Occam's Razor
    Rich

Comment

Originally posted by richb View Post
      2. Digital CPU and temperature widgets in the panel. These were available in KDE 4.
      System Load Viewer, and apparently some others are back, in the 5.3 Beta.

https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.2.95.php

Available via https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/ubuntu/beta

3. Dropbox icon will not show in the panel. This needs to be fixed by Dropbox, not KDE Plasma
      Yeah, not holding my breath on this one. Fortunately, I rarely interact directly with Dropbox.

Comment

The HPLIP icon doesn't like the new system tray, on boot up it does show but also gives a message 'no system tray detected' and when you click the OK the icon disappears.
        When clicking on the old system load widget it would call up a light version of the System Monitor, alas not with the present one.

My biggest problem is how slow and crash prone the system settings are, like it took the energy manager more than five minutes after the click before it opened up.
        This is with a clean install on a Thinkpad W520 that's otherwise very Linux friendly.

Comment

HP icon in system tray works OK on my system.
          No delays in system settings dialog.

I just mention these only in that they may not be bugs, but some system peculiarity.

This is an upgrade form 14.10.
          Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
          Always consider Occam's Razor
          Rich

Comment

How is shut down for you?
            Here it's sitting around for 1 -2 minutes before anything happens.
            I am very close to trying a new install, that's how bad some parts of the system are.

Comment

There was a recent update that fixed some logout issue for me, I had it before in 15.04 beta 2 but it was fixed in a new update for SDDM probably. There are no apparent weird issues for me on my box (HP EliteBook) except 'screen tearing' on the splash screen and weird issues on the logout screen. Which is not very attractive for a release. I can see if I can file some bug but it is not very easy without the thing and I'd have to go bug hunting on a freakin' phone. Not easy and not nice, apologies. But there was nothing else for me after that issue was fixed and Vivid performed for me like 14.10 except that the visuals are still somewhat less, but I can apply Oxygen theme and Glassified is a favourite of mine. However the taskbar is often idiotic unusable with icons for programs that are too small. Having 6 windows that all have the same text because they have the same directory open doesn't quite work well. The window titlebar standard specifies that windows have a title of "document - program" which is useless for a taskbar.

Comment

Originally posted by richb View Post
                What a coincidence, I get an error about ownCloud requiring a functional system tray to work, but it works fine anyway! I reckon this is one of those things that has probably been fixed in the latest builds of the ownCloud client, but I haven't re-enabled the owncloud repo since it was disabled during the upgrade.

I'm amazed that the look and feel is so consistent across apps - I wonder if there's a stock set of icons set by each DE for apps like Libreoffice to use? Seems more likely than the Kubuntu devs patching LO and all the other apps individually for the Plasma 5 look, which would be a huge task.

I actually wasn't expecting to like the flat Plasma 5 look as much as I do - it strikes me as very simialr to Android KitKat.

Thankfully, I haven't met any major bugs yet. It's much more stable than I was expecting (on this hardware, anyway!)
                samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X