This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Plasma 5 icons

What's with the new Plasma 5 icons for settings, terminal and Dolphin. Under Kde 4 I can easily see what they are. Under Plasma 5 they are unrecognisable and unmemorable. Whether its closed source or open source the world seems full of UI designers whose overriding goal is to identify people getting work done and find ways of hindering them.

Personal taste. I liked KDE4 and Oxygen. But now they seem heavy and overdone. I like Plasma and Breeze (Dark), including the icons.

Comment

I am wondering what your desktop settings are? What desktop theme do you see when you go to System Settings > Workspace Theme > Desktop Theme? Also, you can go to System Settings > Colour and define the Application Colour Scheme. I will be very interested to know what settings you have which are giving you trouble.

Comment

Actually, if this is concerning icons on the panel/sytstray and the Kmenu, adjusting the Blur effect can make a difference, and there is also a desktop effect to help with contrast

A lot has to do with the plasma them used, and the gpu - it is different between my intel laptop and my nvidia pc, the exact same settings do not look the same in this regard.

Comment

Working...
        X