X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install r8168 drivers? [already done the basics]

Hello guys,

I installed kubuntu and noticed that despite the fact that the network interface was up, I wasn't able to ping even my router. After a long research it came to my attention that could be the driver r8169 from realtek, so I've downloaded the r8168 only to find out that to install it I would need gcc.

So after a painful process of downloading from another machine putting on a pen drive putting the package on kubuntu only to find out it had X amounts of dependency and repeating this I've managed to install gcc4.8_4.84-2ubunto1-14.04_amd64.deb

But then, the autorun gave several issues. I don't know how to put a picture here so below its the first line showing error after running the autorun:

make[2]: execvp: gcc: Permission denied

I am running as root, also tried as my user with the command "sudo ./autorun", but the result is the same.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Do keep in mind that there is no connection to the internet due to this issue, so any installation will have to be done manually.

Thanks

PS: Not sure I should be posting here or on Hardware, feel free to correct me.

I solved this problem. This thread can be closed.

Comment

Working...
    X