X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin changing desktop background!

Hi!

I have not used Kubuntu in a little while, i tried today to install kubuntu, but I have found a strange and very annoing bug.

I change my desktop wallpaper and I start Dolphin and it revert my wallpaper back to original plasma wall...
    No don't get me wrong it is a nice wallpaper but still, I want to be the boss here.

Anybody now any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT: Well I found the problem and that was "kimageformat-plugins" missing. Somehow I think I uninstalled it but now it works.
    Last edited by Jimmy.P; Jul 13, 2015, 07:21 AM. Reason: Found the solution

To get the whole story, you set a new desktop wallpaper via right clicking the desktop and selecting Desktop settings / Background.
    There you select one of the available pictures or do you select one of your own?

Next you click apply and exit the settings.

Now you start Dolphin and the picture reverts to the original.

Is that your work flow?

Did and does the new picture also show up as a thumbnail in Desktop settings?
    Or do you have to hunt it down the next or each time?

Comment

I download it from the right click window! Where you change wallpaper. I tried three diffrent and they show up as normal!
      And then start dolphin and it reverts back! if i don't touch dolphin at all the wallpaper will not change even if i reboot!

Comment

Weird for sure!

Such picture files are normally saved in ~/.local/share/wallpapers/, have a look if it's there.
        Local picture can be anywhere you normally keep them.

Comment

I know it is Weird! Normally i fix my problem my self! But this is really strange! Going to try a local image tomorrow, maybe it helps.

Comment

Working...
          X