This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

login screen password prompt after 5 minutes

I upgraded from 14.10 to 15.04 and something new started happening. In 15.04 if I am inactive for five minutes on my computer, it reverts to the login screen and prompts me to enter my password. I haven't changed any settings under power management, where I had it set to switch off the screen after 10 minutes inactivity (but not to prompt for password or go to sleep). I don't have "suspend session" checked or anything like that. Like I said, this has only started happening since the upgrade to 15.04. It's a minor irritant, to be sure, but I have searched System Settings to try to find a way to stop it from happening and don't see anything that might be relevant. I also haven't found anything here in the forums. Does anyone have a clue as to what may have changed with 15.04 or Plasma 5 that may be causing this and how I can change it?

OK, I can answer my own question. I found it. The setting is in System Settings>Desktop Behavior>Screen Locking. There you just have to click down to "Never" under "Lock screen after." I found the answer in another Kubuntu Forums question at https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...le-lock-screen. Cool.

Comment

Working...
    X