X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch user fails

Hi!

I've just added a new disc and done a fresh install of Kubuntu 15.04 on that and planning to migrate all the setting from my old 14.10 setup and have a couple of issues with users. The second issue is the big one.

1. I'm adding two extra users (girlfriend and son), however my girlfriends account never show up in the "System settings"- User Managment". She does show up at login (and works). I have tried to remove and re-add her (via terminal, also deleting user directory). Also I can't find how to manage groups via gui (used terminal instead). ?

2. The main issue is switching users. Most of the times it works to change to a new user but it always fails when trying to return to the first user.
    A few notes:
    * I had the same issue with 14.10 (one of the reasons for moving to 15.04)
    * Returning to first user I end up with a terminal login
    * I have a dual screen setup. Disconnecting the second screen seems to fix the issue.
    At first login the dialog spans over both screens sort of putting the user and password dialogs cut in half between the screens. But when changing user I get two separate dialogs one on each screen and they act separately.
    * Swap is set to 9.3 gigs (note after adding the second disc and installing that fstab had an entry for the "old" swap - commented out that one)
    * tried both Nvidia driver 340.76 and 340.76-updates, no difference
    * tried ctrl-alt+F5,6,7,8 but I never get back to an x- session, sometimes I get a terminal but mostly just back screen

/Palle

KUser

https://www.kde.org/applications/system/kuser/

Features

User and group creation and edition
    Easy password and group management for each user
    https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ser-Management
    Attached Files
    Try Me !

Comment

Thank you LinkBot, that sorted the minor part of my problem!

Surprices me that group management isn't part of default GUI...

/Palle

Comment

Working...
      X