X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autohide lag time

Hi everybody,

I like to use my whole screen so I always activate the autohide on the panels. However with the Plasma 5 It is a bit disturbing now because the autohide function of the panels seems to be laggy a bit. When I hit the edge of the screen with the cursor the edge glows for second then the panel comes out. It is much more responsive in the KDE4. So I am still using the KDE4. Anybody knows a solution for to make it more responsive to get over the lagginess?

Thanks

Just tried it and yes, there is a slight but noticeable delay.
    Because monitors are since years wide screen I've moved the panel to the side, no more need to hide it.

Comment

Disable the 'Screen edge highlight'

KDE System settings > Desktop Behavior > Desktop Effects > Screen Edge

At here: No glow -> No lag.

The glow / lag is is coming from the user feedback/wish : https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=267277

Comment

Originally posted by Wheel Inventor View Post
        KDE System settings > Desktop Behavior > Desktop Effects > Screen Edge
        Hm. I've got that enabled but don't see a glow when I move the mouse pointer to a screen edge.

Comment

That screen edge thing help a lot thanks but still feels like a bit laggy. May be it is just my feeling. I need to get used to it. I will give it another shot now

Comment

Hm. I've got that enabled but don't see a glow when I move the mouse pointer to a screen edge.
            At here, with the default plasma theme:

The glow is depending the plasma theme.

https://techbase.kde.org/Development...5/ThemeDetails :

/glowbar.svgz : a frame without a prefix, it represents a glow, it's used for instance in Plasma Desktop for the panel autohide unhide hint.

With the Plasma 4: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?...ilit=blue+glow
            Last edited by Wheel Inventor; Jun 05, 2015, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Ah, it must glow only when you point to an edge with a hidden panel, then.

Comment

I notice a lag, as well, without changing any default settings, on a clean install of 15.04.

HOWEVER, do this to get a quick response (hope it works for you as well!): move pointer to edge with hidden panel, and immediately move mouse pointer a bit to one side. The hidden panel appears instantly.

For me this fixes the lag problem.

Comment

During the last weeks I tried different distros and all of them have the same problem about the auto hide feature. The only distro having a fast response time in auto hide mode was the netrunner-rolling edition. So it is better to be fixed in kubuntu as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X