X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual desktops: Setting different wallpapers & taskbar elements

Hi,

This one is probably a stupid question, but system settings have changed a fair bit since kde 4X, so there are several things I can't seem to find, and I can't, for the life of me, find the option to set different wallpapers for different virtual desktops, or have each virtual desktop's taskbar show only the elements open on THAT desktop. Anyone know where these options are hiding?

If so, a hint would be much appreciated! Cheers!

The setting was different widgets for each desktop. As far as I know there are no plans to implement it.

Earlier on this forum...
    Different widgets for each Desktop missing

More on this...
    Plasma 5.2: different widgets for each virtual desktop?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by life0riley View Post
      The setting was different widgets for each desktop. As far as I know there are no plans to implement it.

Earlier on this forum...
      Different widgets for each Desktop missing

More on this...
      Plasma 5.2: different widgets for each virtual desktop?
      So just because some hypothetical Peter is incompetent and lives in his hypothetical mother's hypothetical basement, the rest of us are stripped of these options...?

I'd developed a highly sophisticated set-up involving different-colored wallpapers for different desktops (work, multimedia, etc.), looks like I'll have to give activities a try, see if I'm able to adapt, and depending on the outcome (and my similarities or difference from this Peter fella), I'll either stick with Plasma 5 or revert back to good ol' 4X.

So far, and based on other bugs keeping me from enjoying the KDE experience with the fluidity and stability I'm accustomed to, it looks like the balance tends toward downgrading, but I'll keep an open mind an hope KDE developers are wiser than me and have foreseen use-scanarios I haven't yet been able to grasp. In any case, thanks for the info, it's much appreciated

Comment

Working...
      X