X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin - Favorites in sidebar

Hi,

Just did a fresh install of Kubuntu 15.04 amd64. Beautiful, snappy OS, but lots of small bugs making the experience a little less enjoyable. I'll post them as individual threads so others having the same problems can find them more easily.

One of them is in Dolphin, which refuses to remember any changes I make to the sidebar, namely, adding shortcuts for Downloads, Videos, etc. On reboot, it's back to default.

I've tried unlocking panels, making changes, then locking panels again, to no avail. Anyone know a quick fix for this?

Cheers!

This is a known issue that affects some people, but not everyone (and has been brought up here a few times).

There have been some kde updates via the kubuntu-backports ppa, but I'm not sure if these fix this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      This is a known issue that affects some people, but not everyone (and has been brought up here a few times).

There have been some kde updates via the kubuntu-backports ppa, but I'm not sure if these fix this problem.
      Cheers for the reply. Installed Plasma 5.3 via the backports, and so far updates haven't solved this issue. Weird...well, no biggie, hopefully it'll be addressed sooner or later

Comment

KDE Applications 15.04.1

KDE Applications 15.04.1: http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-appl...e-kubuntu-1504

but: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post373394
        Try Me !

Comment

Lot's of minor issues like this have been reported months ago.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. Ended up reinstalling Trusty; my work depends on having a stable work environment, and for the time being, 15.04 seems like more of a showcase for new technology than a stable release. I look forward to further testing plasma 5, but atm, it looks like it won't be on my main computer...

Comment

Originally posted by travsformer View Post
              Thanks for your replies. Ended up reinstalling Trusty; my work depends on having a stable work environment, and for the time being, 15.04 seems like more of a showcase for new technology than a stable release. I look forward to further testing plasma 5, but atm, it looks like it won't be on my main computer...
              I have to agree.
              But this is a chance you take with every new distribution release.
              That's why I dual boot, one the last stable, one the last release.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                That's why I dual boot, one the last stable, one the last release.
                Same here.
                I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
                X