Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error Loading Applet. Package inexistant. Couldn't find requested component. org.k

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Loading Applet. Package inexistant. Couldn't find requested component. org.k

de.plasma-systemmonitor.net

I installed Kubuntu 15.04 64bit a couple of weeks ago. About 2 minutes after opening the application, my system freezes.

Every day, I update and upgrade in the hope the bug will be fixed. The application contained 1.4GB data.

Today, I downloaded the current version of Kubuntu 15.04 64bit, (which is only 1.2GB of data). When I restarted the computer the Error message indicated in the Title and part in the first line of this post appeared. The analog clock was installed from when I tried Kubuntu 15.04 just prior to installing the application, and I noticed that the second hand was not moving. This was an indication that the computer was frozen as in the previous installation.

When I tried Kubuntu 15.04 this morning prior to installation, I installed applications, downloaded and installed Google Chrome, set a bookmark at Netflix, tried various applications found installed in the Kicker Menu, and the Analog clock continued ticking. I ran these applications several minutes, way past the time that caused the panel crash in the previous or current installation.

Because of this, I was fairly certain re-installation of Kubuntu 15.04 would succeed without failure and freezing. This was not the case.

Since I have not read any mention of these symptoms, I am wondering what to do? Has this bug been reported, if not, how can I do so?

I do not understand the implications of an in-existent package, org.kde.plasma-systemmonitor.net. Is this a package I can find and install to correct the problem. It does not come up in a Google search. Apparently it is not among the daily updates or upgrades either.

During the short periods I have used Kubuntu 15.04, I feel it to be a most promising version. I am attracted the the new feel, and because I have a rather fast computer, I never expected to notice the speed of operation increases I seem to notice. Additionally, the installation of drivers and features like retention of configurations seemed to be more robust.

I am anxious to be able to use this new version, even with the apparent bugs to be expected from a new issue, however, if the computer freezes within minutes of opening the computer, it is not possible.

If installing of the in-existent package will solve the problem, and if anyone knows how to do this, I would appreciate the input. Thanks!

Hello shabakthanai, going by the name I think it could be a Plasma Widget or Applet.
    My system is not in English so it would be hard to search for it.

Comment

org.kde.plasma-systemmonitor.net

The org.kde.plasma-systemmonitor.net is the network monitor widget.

It is part of the plasma 5.3 or later: http://notmart.org/blog/2015/02/gett...ystem-monitor/

Kubuntu package: plasma-workspace - available from the kubuntu backports ppa: http://www.kubuntu.org/news/plasma-5.3

Code:
      [FONT=monospace]:~$ apt-cache policy plasma-workspace
      plasma-workspace:
        Installed: 4:5.3.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu15.04~ppa1
        Candidate: 4:5.3.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu15.04~ppa1
      [/FONT]

The
      plasma-workspace will install /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.systemmonitor.net/

If installed the plasma package manager will show it:
      Code:
      [FONT=monospace]:~$ plasmapkg2 --list | grep net
      [/FONT][FONT=monospace]org.kde.plasma.networkmanagement
      org.kde.plasma.systemmonitor.net
      [/FONT]

The
      System Monitor widgets could cause hight CPU load: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=289&t=126279

Last edited by Wheel Inventor; May 15, 2015, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Teunis. I typed it as it was pressented in the error message.

I am anxious for 15.04 to become a little more stable. I love the way it works for the short time it works for me. When fixed, it should be a great improvement.

Shab

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
        Hello shabakthanai, going by the name I think it could be a Plasma Widget or Applet.
        My system is not in English so it would be hard to search for it.

Comment

Since I have installed Kubuntu 15.04, it has continually frozen after approximately 2 minutes of operation. Certainly everyone has not had the same experience. Is it that way for you?

Do you think after I apply the code you offered that problem may be fixed? Is the panel a plazma creation?

If I remain in the first opened application after restarting Kubuntu 15.04, the computer seems to function. It is only when I access the kicker menu that the system freezes.

Printer installation has become a problem that I don't seem able to work through. It is a bugger, because it is such a useful tool. Oh well, as my grandkids would say.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will help some.

Strangely enough I use the Network monitor a lot. It is comforting to know when a download or upload is lagging. I can see then that the slower progress is due to up or download rates. I wish I were more patient and did not need such tools though. Thanks again

Shab

Originally posted by Wheel Inventor View Post
          The org.kde.plasma-systemmonitor.net is the network monitor widget.

It is part of the plasma 5.3 or later: http://notmart.org/blog/2015/02/gett...ystem-monitor/

Kubuntu package: plasma-workspace - available from the kubuntu backports ppa: http://www.kubuntu.org/news/plasma-5.3

Code:
          [FONT=monospace]:~$ apt-cache policy plasma-workspace
          plasma-workspace:
            Installed: 4:5.3.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu15.04~ppa1
            Candidate: 4:5.3.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu15.04~ppa1
          [/FONT]

The
          plasma-workspace will install /usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.systemmonitor.net/

If installed the plasma package manager will show it:
          Code:
          [FONT=monospace]:~$ plasmapkg2 --list | grep net
          [/FONT][FONT=monospace]org.kde.plasma.networkmanagement
          org.kde.plasma.systemmonitor.net
          [/FONT]

The
          System Monitor widgets could cause hight CPU load: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=289&t=126279

Comment

Working...
          X