This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vidid and wacom

ok.. so i might have been a bit hasty on upgrading, but i did it ... and now I have big problems on using my wacom tablet on tihs release.
    on single monitor it's sort of fine, because "it just works" but when I need to tweak any settings, i dont see this possiblity anywhere.
    kde plugin for setting up wacom is installed, it just doesnt seem to appear anywhere... how to launch it?

or am I supposed to go back to xsetwacom?
    I run dual monitor setup so this all doesn't make it any easier to do it by hand...

.b

Same problem here with a Wacom Bamboo pen&touch. System Settings says "Synaptics Driver is not installed or not in use", although it is installed...

Comment

I have the same. I suspect we are waiting for the developer/s to port it to plasma5. Plasma5 is still green and if it is a deal breaker to not have that functionality with gui I would suggest using Kubuntu 14.10 or 14.04lts.

Personally I can live with it as I love the look and feel of this release....

Comment

Originally posted by Penguinclaw View Post
        I have the same. I suspect we are waiting for the developer/s to port it to plasma5.
        it's more complicated than that - the new wacomtablet stuff has already been ported to KF5 but relies on XCB XINPUT, which apparently doesn't work on anything Debian derived at the moment...

How do I know? I'm a programmer that uses Kubuntu and has an Intuos tablet... when I saw the settings were missing I tried to build it.

When I couldn't build it, I went looking for why and found an exchange between one of the Kubuntu packagers and some other folks explaining the issue with XINPUT.

I'm not sure that's so easy to work around, and the XINPUT thing with Debian looks political (but hard to figure out, since it's obviously a long running exclusion).

It would be nice to have, apparently the OLED display on my Intuos will finally be supported.

Comment

Looks like it is on it's way, and that they are only dealing with a few bugs before it's ready.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=347022

Comment

Working...
          X