Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vertical TaskBar is Borked after upgrade.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical TaskBar is Borked after upgrade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	menubar2.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	648966

As you can see, my notification icons are quite large while my application icons are extremely small. I've changed themes, installed the Oxygen theme and tried that, switched Nvidia drivers around, and done several other things over the past couple of hours since installing.
    If I move the task bar to the bottom the application icons are more usable, but the notification icons are still a bit bloated. I've had my task bar stuck to the side for ages tho, and really don't want to move it.

Also, when opening the taskbar in either position from Auto-Hide it frequently glows blue for almost a second before sliding open. I don't know where the blue glow is coming from, but the delay is close to unacceptable.

This machine was just upgraded from 14.10 tonight. Can't say I'm enjoying this Plasma 5 upgrade, I figured this was just another incremental upgrade, not something that was going to require a complete reconfig and hours of searching solutions.

eb

Might want to add to this
    https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=344705

Comment

My current solution is to install xubuntu-desktop and wait for them to fix this mess. This version should have never been released as is.
      All the items in my Favorite Apps got taken out, all my recent document lists disapeared from Kate, fonts are screwed up in Firefox and Thunderbird. This upgrade is a mess.
      Unity is why I left Ubuntu for Kubuntu, Plasma 5 might be why I leave Kubuntu.
      Not a happy camper.

Comment

Originally posted by razmear View Post
        My current solution is to install xubuntu-desktop and wait for them to fix this mess.
        Still, if users add to a bug report, or create new ones as needed, then the developers will be able to see what the actual problems are, and how widespread. If only one person reports a problem, it will might not get much attention from the KDE folks.

14.10 still has life left, as does 14.04. No one is forced to use Plasma 5.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          No one is forced to use Plasma 5.
          True. But people should be warned about it before hitting the Upgrade button. 15.04 can not be called a stable release.

Comment

Totally agree... I'm pretty fed up with stuff not working properly/at all and if I'd have known this wasn't stable I'd left the upgrade another 6 months. I'm stuck with it now.

Comment

My task bar came not good out of the upgrade but I 'just' made a new one and then removed the old.
              Pretty easy really:

Add panel
              Add standard panel
              Edit the new panel according to your taste
              Two things did not work right away so I went here for help
              Remove old one

Comment

Working...
              X