X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Active Directory Login Problem

Hello!

For the past 3 years I've been using "likewise-open" to use active directory to log into my Kubuntu box. This worked all the way up thru 14.10. Upon upgrading to 15.04, my user name no longer appears on the login screen.

While debugging this problem, I got rid of the older "likewise-open" and installed the newer "pbis-open", and figured out how to get it running with systemd. Using "getent passwd" I see all valid users in the domain, including my login info. I can Ctrl-Alt-F1 and log into a shell using my domain name and password. However, I still do not see my name on the login screen.

I have tried reverting back to "lightdm" but I get an error message when I run the command (as root) "systemctl enable lightdm"

I'm not sure if this is an SDDM problem, or a "greeter" problem, as I am not sure how the two interact.

Anyone have advice on what to try next?

Regards

Just an update.

I downloaded the SDDM source, and took a look at the greeter code.

Problem 1. My UID is 9 digits long. The default maximum UID is 65000. The KDE GUI for changing the maximum UID (System Settings->Startup and Shutdown->Login Screen(SDDM)->Advanced tab) only allows for 6 digits. I edited /etc/sddm.conf to fix that.

Problem 2. Since there currently isn't a way to type in a user name, I needed a way to have my user name show up in the list without all the rest of the domain users showing up in the list (I don't think anyone wants to horizontally scroll through a few hundred names, even if just once) So I added a couple lines of code to only show users with existing local directories. This wont allow for new users on my kubuntu box without some manual intervention, but that isn't a problem for me.

Regards

Comment

Working...
    X