This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mounting partitions at boot time

Installed the new kubuntu today and I was pleasantly surprised by the look and feel.
    I found that one thing is missing in the 'systeem instellingen'.
    In the previous version it was possible to set the way the partitions were to be mounted.
    I found it handy if they were all mounted at boot time.
    How can I do this with Vivid?

I always manually add entries to my /etc/fstab. Check the following for details: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Fstab

Comment

I used UUID to mark the partitions and 'defaults' as option for ext4 partitions. The system wouldn't boot and I was dropped in console. I had to start vi and comment out my changes before I could boot again.
      I prefered the way things were done with the graphical partion manager.

Comment

Apparantly I used the wrong order in fstab. After changing the order of type and options the system boots but when logging in to plasma it crashes. As I also installed ubuntu desktop I was able to login to a graphical desktop.
        I hope that the problem with the plasma desktop gets solved soon.

Comment

Removable Devices ?

I found that one thing is missing in the 'systeem instellingen'.
          In the previous version it was possible to set the way the partitions were to be mounted.
          I found it handy if they were all mounted at boot time.
          How can I do this with Vivid?

AskUbuntu -
          KDE Plasma 5 Missing Removeable Devices Option: http://askubuntu.com/questions/61331...devices-option
          Try Me !

Comment

That seems to be the answer to my question. Just a pity that the plasmadesktop turned black. There are only a couple of programs active: one session of dolphin and yakuake.
            Is there a way to delete corrupted config files to restore the desktop?

Comment

Working...
            X