X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Error

error.jpg

Yesterday there was a big update. After that update this appeared. But it won't install.

And I do very little with this distro. Meaning I only apply updates. I don't mess with inner workings or the terminal really at all. If that helps.

Oh -- and if you click DETAILS... you don't get any.
    Last edited by KDEaster; Apr 18, 2015, 01:07 PM. Reason: SOLVED

If you really want to see what is going on, open Konsole and:

Code:
    $ sudo apt update
    then

Code:
    $ sudo apt full-upgrade
    Post any error lines you see here and someone can probably steer you in the right direction.

Alternatively, wait a day or two for the server you are using to catch up/settle down.

Comment

Originally posted by ronw View Post
      Alternatively, wait a day or two for the server you are using to catch up/settle down.
      So you're accusing the server of being drunk. I see. Got it.

I'm a serious Newbie and so I've never done a full upgrade this way. It's taking a while. However, it is working. And there are no error messages.

Since this in only VirtualBox experimenting, if I end up hosing the install it's no big whoop. ;-)

Now a reboot to see if all is well.
      Last edited by KDEaster; Apr 18, 2015, 09:49 PM.

Comment

I forgot to say THANK YOU RonW for your amazingly fast response. Muon Updater is spinning and spinning and spinning. Maybe it's still drunk.

Comment

Update: Okay, Muon was being buggy. Everything is up to date. THANK YOU and take an 256 SSD out of petty cash.

Comment

Excellent. Installing new SSD now.

Comment

Working...
            X