This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short hangs when launching applications

Hi everyone, first time poster here. I have a problem with Kubuntu 15.04 and its Plasma 5 desktop - I'm experiencing short but noticeable hangs when I'm launching almost any application (Dolphin seems to be an exception). Even the mouse cursor stops for about half a second, everything freezes, and then resumes, which is very disruptive and annoying. I've googled around and browsed through this forum and I haven't found anyone mentioning such a problem, which worries me a bit. Am I the only one experiencing this? Hardware in question is Acer Aspire 5750G laptop, with Sandy Bridge i5 CPU and Intel HD Graphics 3000 GPU (discrete NVidia GT 630M also, but the driver isn't even installed yet). It starts happening on a fresh installation, updates (as of now, 10th april) don't help, disabling compositing doesn't help, XEdgers updates don't help (I figured it could be graphics driver related), and I'm out of ideas. I'm not seeing anything notable in CPU usage graphs. Also worth noting, I used KaOS distro (KDE5, Arch based) and my desktop way buttery-smooth on this very same hardware. So... any ideas where to look further? Fix it? I'd love to switch to 15.04 and KDE5, but this is one really annoying bug. Any help is appreciated!
Working...
X