This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto-Hide Panels won't come back

I was setting up a vm to see if I want to move from 14.10 to 15.04 or perhaps step back to 14.04 LTS, and I notice if I set a panel to auto hide, i can't get the panel to come back up when i drag the mouse to the edge of the screen.

it dose not happen like this .........................

it may be a VM thing .

VINNY
    Last edited by vinnywright; Apr 08, 2015, 08:21 PM.
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I get the glow, but it never comes back, it could be a vm "screen" edge thing, but even if it is that wasn't an issue in kde4.

Comment

Plasma 5 and panel autohide (with the VirtualBox)

I was setting up a vm to see if I want to move from 14.10 to 15.04 or perhaps step back to 14.04 LTS, and I notice if I set a panel to auto hide, i can't get the panel to come back up when i drag the mouse to the edge of the screen.

I get the glow, but it never comes back, it could be a vm "screen" edge thing, but even if it is that wasn't an issue in kde4.
        There has been wishes like: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=267277

The plasma 5 panel autohide is different that with the KDE4 plasma panel autohide. You will need to push more against the edge to get the panel show.

With the plasma 5 & VirtualBox the mouse pointer will move off the VirtualBox screen before the panel will be shown.

A workaround is to disable the mouse integration and then use the host key to capture the mouse. Then the autohide is working.

Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
        - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Working...
        X