Now Akonadi starts. And it seems no mails are lost
    That help, thanks!

Comment

I have another solution:
      - 1st i run update:
      sudo aptitude update
      when it is done then:
      sudo aptitude purge mysql-server-core-5.6 mysql-client-core-5.6
      aptitute will tell it has many dependencies, many packages will be removed ... so it asks if i accept that solution - choose no (n)
      then it will propose installing:

1) mariadb-client-core-10.0 [10.0.17-0ubuntu1 (vivid)]
      2) mariadb-common [10.0.17-0ubuntu1 (vivid)]
      3) mariadb-server-core-10.0 [10.0.17-0ubuntu1 (vivid)]

- if you accept this - mysql will be removed, mariadb (fork of mysql) will be installed, and akonadi will start without any issues.

Regards,
      Piotr

Comment

I have found that if I have a home directory with my 14.10 ".kde" and ".local" directories, copied into Vivid's Home directory and then install Vivid. When I launch Kontact, I get the response in my first post.

If, however, I install Vivid with an empty home directory, and then launch Kontact, it comes up without any error. I copied my calendar file from my 14.10 system in .kde/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics to the same location in Vivid. After loading this calendar file I got individual day events but it failed for calendar events scanning more than one day.

I found that Kmail was constantly being updated by Kontact and I could look at my mail. As I do not use Kmail, I decided to remove it and when I tried to launch Kontact again it failed. The next day, I tried again and Kontact worked!! It no longer had a mail option but I am still getting Feeds.

I hope that one day it will be possible to port to the Vivid version of Kontact, the Contacts, Calendar, To-do List, Popup Notes that are on my Utopic system. This is one of the major aspects of Vivid that stops me from using it for my main system.
        Last edited by NoWorries; Apr 22, 2015, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by uszatan View Post
          I have another solution:
          - 1st i run update:
          sudo aptitude update
          when it is done then:
          sudo aptitude purge mysql-server-core-5.6 mysql-client-core-5.6
          aptitute will tell it has many dependencies, many packages will be removed ... so it asks if i accept that solution - choose no (n)
          then it will propose installing:

1) mariadb-client-core-10.0 [10.0.17-0ubuntu1 (vivid)]
          2) mariadb-common [10.0.17-0ubuntu1 (vivid)]
          3) mariadb-server-core-10.0 [10.0.17-0ubuntu1 (vivid)]

- if you accept this - mysql will be removed, mariadb (fork of mysql) will be installed, and akonadi will start without any issues.

Regards,
          Piotr
          Thanks for these instructions, they get a 4/5 score. I have just tried it on the Vivid system that I had copied my Utopic .kde and .local directories into Vivid's Home directory.

I found that Kontact's Calendar, To-do List, Feeds and Popup Notes worked correctly, however Contacts caused Kontact to promptly exit.

Comment

Working...
          X