This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox in Vivid

Did anyone figure out how to get Dropbox functioning properly?
    I have it running, but copy public link is broken
    snapshot1.png

And no tray icon either
    sqlite3 and python are installed as well as the servicemenu in the dolphin services
    kubuntu 20.10

For the missing tray: http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blo...systray-icons/

For the rest, all I do is follow the command-line stuff. Nothing fancy, but it seemed to work for me, including the python script.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbasher View Post
      Did anyone figure out how to get Dropbox functioning properly?
      I have it running, but copy public link is broken
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]5893[/ATTACH]

And no tray icon either
      sqlite3 and python are installed as well as the servicemenu in the dolphin services
      I've gotten used to simply using the command line tool. E.g. to check dropbox status, run "dropbox status". You can get public urls too by running the puburl option. The only problem is that there isn't any way to pause syncing from the CLI. Why? Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
        I've gotten used to simply using the command line tool. E.g. to check dropbox status, run "dropbox status". You can get public urls too by running the puburl option. The only problem is that there isn't any way to pause syncing from the CLI. Why? Who knows.
        I have noticed that when installing command-line only older versions did not re-start automagically with every re-boot. Newer versions (I see 3.2.9 on Utopic, not nothing obvious in System Settings > Startup and Shutdown) seem to always run. It is good for the 'it just works' crowd, but I used to like to start it manually whenever I was going to edit a document in my Dropbox.

Comment

I read the link about the missing tray icons for things like Dropbox. Does that mean support is coming for Plasma 5, or the xembed based system tray won't be supported and we need to come up with a work around?

If I could get a system tray icon for Dropbox so I could access the program I could switch to 15.04 now!

Comment

Not sure if it is wholly or partly up to Dropbox.

No response to this person asking on their forum:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/hc/comm...KDE-Plasma-5-2

Comment

It's not exactly a deal breaker, as it works without the tray icon.
              But it's just uncomfortable 'knowing' it's the way it is and I dislike 'workarounds', when really it should be OK.
              kubuntu 20.10

Comment

Working...
              X