X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large krunnerbookmarkrunnerfirefoxdbfile.sqlite file in ~/.cache

I noticed this file the other day, deleted it, and it is back:

Code:
    -rw-r--r--  1 ronw ronw 73400320 Mar  5 21:17 krunnerbookmarkrunnerfirefoxdbfile.sqlite
    I have very few options selected in krunner, and Bookmarks is unchecked.

Just curious if anyone knows why it is there. A search for the file name turned up zero results.

Test a new user login and see if it experiences the same.
    Nothing at my end
    kubuntu 20.10

Comment

Have you tried opening the database to see what's inside? Sqliteman is a nice GUI database viewer/editor.
      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
        Have you tried opening the database to see what's inside? Sqliteman is a nice GUI database viewer/editor.
        it looks like a firefox history db @hear

"Sqliteman" ...... neat .

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
          A lot of stuff:

Tables
          > moz_anno_attributes
          >moz_annos
          >moz_bookmarks
          >moz_booksmarks_roots
          >moz_favicons
          >moz_historyvisits
          >moz_hosts

etc. etc.

I deleted the file and it is back, clocking in at 73MB again.

I could understand it if I had Bookmarks checked in krunner config, but why it is keeping track of everything I do in Firefox is weird. It's not like it is doing anything with this information; krunner isn't returning results from bookmarks, history, or anything FF related.

Comment

I had the file, but it was only 10 mb, it has not returned yet, but I am not a voracious firefox user. I have purposely run firefox just to see if it will return, but it has not.
            I do NOT see this file on my other Vivid machine, so I am thinking it may not really have to do with krunner per se.

Comment

I logged out, moved ~/.cache to ~/oldcache, and logged in. Well that makes for a much smaller directory.

Fired up Chrome, Firefox, and Firefox Dev (manually installed). I see the expected directories for google-chrome and mozilla.

No krunnerbookmarkrunnerfirefoxdbfile.sqlite file (yet?).

More as this story develops. Back to you Kent.

Comment

It's baaaaaaack.

I was doing some random surfing in Firefox. It got slow, the panel went away, telling me another krunner crash was on the way. Sure enough, krunner crash report popped up. Checked the .cache directory and there is the big file again.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Recording timestamp here for reference: Mar 7 11:34

Comment

Deleted krunnerrc and let a new one get created:

Code:
                  ~ $ cat .config/krunnerrc 
                  [PlasmaRunnerManager]
                  enabledCategories=Applications,Calculator,Command Line,System Settings,Terminate Applications
                  And now I have 4 files related to bookmarks:

Code:
                  ~ $ l .cache/*book*
                  -rw-r--r-- 1 ronw ronw 73400320 Mar  8 18:51 .cache/krunnerbookmarkrunnerfirefoxdbfile.sqlite
                  -rw-r--r-- 1 ronw ronw 73400320 Mar  8 18:55 .cache/plasmashellbookmarkrunnerfirefoxdbfile.sqlite
                  -rw-r--r-- 1 ronw ronw    32768 Mar  8 18:55 .cache/plasmashellbookmarkrunnerfirefoxdbfile.sqlite-shm
                  -rw-r--r-- 1 ronw ronw        0 Mar  8 18:55 .cache/plasmashellbookmarkrunnerfirefoxdbfile.sqlite-wal
                  Decided to file a bug: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=344965
                  Last edited by ronw; Mar 08, 2015, 09:37 PM. Reason: Add bug link

Comment

Might need to ask the experts on kde's forums, can't locate anything on this.

Comment

Working...
                    X