Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xsession tears screen on return from sleep etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xsession tears screen on return from sleep etc.

Hi Guys,

I now have 15.04 installed on my Dell (long story from another thread) and is now working pretty well I'd have to say.

The one really really annoying thing that its doing is that on return from sleep (either from a full hybernate or from a screen lock) the X session just tears.

In the past I've been able to fix this by the old Alt/F12 restart of the compositor, but now my only solution is to kill the whole X session and log in again each time.

Not a total disaster, but needs to be fixed before release. I'm using the 346.35 Nvidia drivers.

Any ideas how/who to report this? I tried once before on the KDE bug tracker and was basically told to nick off as it is an X issue, but, didn't happen at all on 14.10 pre KDE5

Peter.

I did not get the 346 driver to work on my Gt 610 card, but that is in Utopic. It is definitely not a Plasma problem as far as I can see, especially as the kernels and proprietary drivers often are buggy until closer to release. You might get better results using the 331 drivers, which have been around longer than the fairly recent 346.

Other options would be to use the xorg-edgers to get newer builds of the 346 stuff, or trying different compositor settings (ie opengl 2 vs 3, egl vs glx), which may help.

Comment

Good call as alwalys claydoh. Installed edgers and it now seemst to be fine. More stable than 14.04 with Plasma5 indeed. Still a few small issues, but overall pretty happy at the moment (until the bleading edge bites again ).

Comment

Working...
      X