X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox + dark theme

Hi,
    Am running Kubuntu 14.10 with a dark theme ( dark future ), I like it , but filling out forms in firefox is a curse, since the text fields are dark and so is the writing - impossible to see anything , see image attached ( impossible see text written in the dark field ) is there anyway to fix this?
    Or any better ideas?
    Attached Files
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Try changing the Firefox text color foreground/background
    [edit->preferences->content->colors]
    Select text colors of choice
    Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by TWPonKubuntu View Post
      Try changing the Firefox text color foreground/background
      [edit->preferences->content->colors]
      Select text colors of choice
      Yes that kind of works, except the whole page now goes dark ( just like my desktop theme ) basically its like im viewing a pron site from the 90's Perhaps its just not possible to get this level of fine control over firefox inside kde ??
      Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Comment

So if you choose WHITE text on black background, you get a blank screen?
        I'm not sure what you set, but it should not have effected the other elements of the page, like borders...
        Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.8, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

I've fought this trouble for years, as paper white backgrounds hurt my eyes, I hate them. I feel like slapping someone sometimes. Pages specify the background without specifying the foreground, or vice versa. If they are going to ignore my preferences and set one, they should set the other.

I use a variety of techniques to allow dark backgrounds.
          • The "Color Toggle" firefox extension is handy for filling out forms, I have a little "statusbar item" that flips firefox from one scheme to another, and on one scheme "Let pages override these settings" is unchecked. Many web pages lose information or look ugly like this, so I can't leave it on all the time.
          • I use the "Invert" desktop effect on some sites, like this one (KFN) and Google Groups. Inverted pictures are no good but there's not many, and I have set an easily reached key chord (ctrl+Super_L[aka "windows"]+z) to toggle it.
          • Stylish, another extension, is brilliant for some sites, usually popular ones. The website has 60,000 styles, there's a whole community, and many styles are dark. If you know CSS you can tweak your own.
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
            I've fought this trouble for years, as paper white backgrounds hurt my eyes, I hate them.

The "Color Toggle" firefox extension
            Color Toggle looks interesting. Thanks for the pointer.

Comment

Working...
            X