This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use KDE Connect

I've installed KDE Connect both on my laptop and on my Android. I am sitting here with the Android right next to the laptop and connected to it with a USB cable. But how do I get it to do anything - anything at all? For example, I'm running Kmail on the laptop. Can I use KDE Connect to view my email on the Android somehow? How can I share my calendar?

It works over wifi. If both devices are connected to the same wifi network, they can find each other.

Comment

Originally posted by pwabrahams View Post
      I've installed KDE Connect both on my laptop and on my Android. I am sitting here with the Android right next to the laptop and connected to it with a USB cable. But how do I get it to do anything - anything at all? For example, I'm running Kmail on the laptop. Can I use KDE Connect to view my email on the Android somehow? How can I share my calendar?
      Right now the primary uses for KDE Connect are file transfer and multimedia control. Another touted feature is seeing incoming calls as a desktop notification. I don't think it's current state facilitates being a KDE > Android (or Kontact to Android) sync tool. However, it's on the roadmap for possible inclusion in the future: https://albertvaka.wordpress.com/201...brainstorming/
      Here is my personal list of possible features:
      • Plugin for power management (sleep, shut down, etc).
      • “Find my phone” plugin, that makes your phone ring even if it is silenced.
      • Add media controls from the Android lock screen.
      • Plugin to keep your computer unlocked while phone is reachable.
      • Use the phone as a location provider for the desktop.
      • Akonady resources sync with Android (contacts, calendar…).
      • Plugin to print from your phone to your computer’s printer.
      • Add support for drag’n drop for touchpad plugin.
      • Port to other desktops and platforms: Gnome, Unity, MacOS, Windows…
      • Publish and maintain the iOS port that Yang Qiao begun this GSOC (any iPhone user around?)
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

LOL UNconnect the cable.....you will have to do a "connect", it "may" ask for a "ping", and you will probably be AMAZED about how the phone is talking to your computer! lol

It almost........seems.........that they have an "intimate" relationship!

I AM GREATLY LOOKING FORWARD to things in the future! lol

woodreallylikesKDEconnectsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
        X