This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade 14.04 to 14.10

Muon on my desktop recognized the upgrade to 14.10 and had a button to click to do so.

However, my laptop doesn't seem to recognize that the upgrade from 14.04 to 14.10 is possible.

How do I get Muon to allow the upgrade?

Go and check sources
    Click image for larger version

Name:	updates.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	642756
    Last edited by Snowhog; Feb 21, 2015, 10:44 PM.
    kubuntu 20.10

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbasher View Post
      Go and check sources
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]5814[/ATTACH]
      Nope doesn't work. Sources set exactly as you showed, but it insists that everything is uptodate. I have confirmed that Kubuntu 14.04 is installed and not 14.10 - attached image of webmin system info:

It really acts crazy> I click on the "Check updates" button and the panel pops up a notice that updates are available. But it disappears as soon as muon is finished checking. I tried again and the icon poped up again, clicked on it as soon as it appeared and the software update program came up and notified that everything was uptodate.

So somehow muon is convinced that:

1: 14.10 doesn't exist, or
      2. it cannot tell that 14.10 is an update for 14.04, or
      3. ??

still no update possible.

Hmm this is stranger yet - I preformed a system upgrade to 14.10 on the desktop on Fri last. At least muon said I did. But I just checked the system information through webmin for the desktop and webmin says that the desktop is still on 14.04.

Is there another way to confirm the Kubuntu version installed??
      Attached Files
      Last edited by geezer; Feb 22, 2015, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Okay - I fiddled around with the Muon update manager and finally got the right combination of check marks and it put up a button that an upgrade to 14.10 was available. The upgrade is now in progress.

Unfortunately, for future reference, I have no idea what check marks combination did the trick. Hopefully thay will remain the same and it will just work in the future. ? !

Thank to all who gave me suggestions. I think they jogged my mental processes enough to get things working.

Comment

Attached Files
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            It's very possible (likely) that was it.

Comment

Working...
            X