X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newest KDE-Releases

Hello

I can see a divergence between versions in my 14.04 and my 14.10 installations. KDE is version 1.14.2 in the 14.04 and 1.14.1 in the 14.10. QupZilla 1.8.4 in the 14.04 but 1.6.6 in the 14.10.

I have installed the ppa:kubuntu-backports.

Has anybody a clue how I can get at least the version of 14.04 or higher? according to the KDE-Website the actual stable version is 4.14.3
    Thanks for any response.
    Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
    I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

A little confused here (not surprising, as I have had a long and hard day at work, lol!)

qupzilla in 14.04, standard repos, is 1.6.0
    in 14.10 it is 1.6.6
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?su...words=QupZilla
    (qupzilla is a separate project, not part of KDE releases itself, and not packaged by Kubuntu)

Trusty and Precise using the kubuntu-backports ppa both are at 4.14.2, in terms of KDE
    https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+...untu/backports

I see no timeline for KDE Applications and Platform updates for Kubuntu yet.
    My guess is it may take a bit with all the things going on in Vivid at the moment.

Comment

Im thinkin'....

that the latest is.........a break..........

but., I had a kind of periscope for it with Netrunner....

The whole shebash is INTENDED to be "backward compatible".............

ALL OF THE DOCUMENTS , PPTS, videos......etc........will be.......

But........I think, just my thoughts......

that this one.......

is a keeper...

just sayin.

woodkindadumbsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

So, you think we are deprived from the December upgrade to 4.14.3 unless we compile it ourselves?

Qupzilla tells me since a couple of weeks, there is a upgrade available. But I want to wait for that until it comes in the repos. it is anyway not my 1st browser.

Thanks nevertheless for one understandable and one very cryptic response. Sorry, woodsmoke, but I can read all your words, albeit their meaning in a context are not making sense to me.
        Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
        I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
          So, you think we are deprived from the December upgrade to 4.14.3 unless we compile it ourselves?
          At the moment, yes

Qupzilla tells me since a couple of weeks, there is a upgrade available. But I want to wait for that until it comes in the repos. it is anyway not my 1st browser.
          Qupzilla in Ubuntu is one of the large number of "Universe" packages that were automagically imported from Debian. With the way that Ubuntu does things, most software is pretty much stuck at whatever version it is until the next Ubuntu release, so unless someone creates a ppa for it or provides debs for it for direct download, you will not likely get a new qupzilla.
          https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

Thanks nevertheless for one understandable and one very cryptic response. Sorry, woodsmoke, but I can read all your words, albeit their meaning in a context are not making sense to me.
          Yup

Comment

Working...
          X