This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidentally dragged Wifi menu full screen

I accidentally managed to drag the wifi menu, to be full screen. Was trying initially to make it larger, but the trackpad jerked on me and now it's the full screen. I can NOT grab it to make it smaller now. I even disabled the top left edge hot corner, but still am not able to resize this window.

Can someone assist me please? Thanks.

This is how my wifi menu looks like now.

http://i.imgur.com/24PH3IM.png

Did you try double click on top
    Or in the task manager select minimise
    kubuntu 20.10

Comment

Well I can just click the WiFi icon again to minimize it. But I want to resize it back to a small little popup again.

Comment

Strange enough there are only two places you can grab and resize this window and that's the right top and bottom corners.

Comment

On the wifi popup menu? I can't even resize from the bottom at all, even on a stock install.

I just want it back to this size: http://i.imgur.com/FOXQaUu.jpg

But it seems at this time, this is not actually possible, because when accidentally dragged full screen, the resize point you are supposed to be able to click on, gets pushed off screen a little.

Comment

A little correction, for you it will be the two top corners you should be able to grasp.
            (I have my task bar on the left, not the bottom of the screen)
            Even when I pull the thing to maximum I can still grab the corners.

Comment

hold alt and click and hold on the window and you can move it around so you can get to a corner to resize it.
              Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
              (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Are these widgets actually windows? I can NOT grab any corner at the top. I don't know how many times I can explain this.

I'll try holding alt when I get home.

But when I say that no corner is grabable here, I mean it. I've been using GUIs since the original incarnation of X. I think I can figure this out if it was working as it should be.

Comment

You could always reset kde
                  But I tend away from such drastic moves
                  kubuntu 20.10

Comment

Just so people don't think I'm crazy, here's a video, you can't grab the corner of the Wifi menu at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L44ATS87jmQ

Also, it's not a window, so holding alt and trying to drag it doesn't work. In fact, that has never worked on the wifi menu in KDE. Some seem to think it's a window, it is not.

Comment

K Menu > System Settings > Window Behavior > Window Rules

See if there is an entry for the Network Manager. If there is, delete it.
                      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Nope, only just the one default entry.

Comment

Click and hold the alt key and left mouse click on the top panel. This will give you a four-pointed arrow. Simply drag the 'window' down and to the right so that the upper-left corner is uncovered. Let go of the alt key and the mouse button. You can now mouse click on the upper-left corner to resize the window.

Comment

Ok I tried again and alt+move still wouldn't work. Checked deeper and it's not working on any window. Somehow the window actions got turned off for left click+alt. Turned it on, and I got it resized.

Thanks, sorry I didn't realize the alt+left click was seemingly disabled.

Comment

No problem. "It" happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X