• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy to report that all is well with CalDAV

Comment

[delete this]
      Last edited by Tom_ZeCat; Jan 16, 2015, 06:53 AM. Reason: superfluous
      Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
      ================================

Comment

Update: Things still not perfect.

Question for bill-lancaster. Was the problem that in the Calendar section of Kontact your appointments were downloading from Google Calendar, but not uploading? Because that's what's going on with me. I have all my appointments in Google Calendar. They download just fine both to my Android phone and to Kontact on my laptop. However, when I make an appointment in this software, it doesn't upload to Google Calendar. For now I've just been entering all my appointments in Google Calendar, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having software on your PC.

Maybe the solution is switching to CalDAV as you have? I'm using the default (Akonadai resources, right?). I was delighted when all my appointments and to-dos downloaded, but disappointed when new ones made in Kontact/KOrganizer didn't upload. Through a Google search I had found instructions for using CalDAV, but it said on them that the method was obsolete and not to use it. I guess CalDAV is not obsolete after all?

I have another Kontact question, but it warrants a separate thread.
        Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
        ================================

Comment

If I remember correctly, when the google account was installed there was instant sync between calendar & Google. Then it would just stop (both directions I think).
          CalDave has worked flawlessly since 8th Jan.

Comment

Working...
          X