X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change colours.

Hi Guys,

I've just noticed that I can't seem to change the theme colours from breeze on my Plasma 5 setup. Is anyone else seeing that?

Have a great Christmas from down under.

Peter

I can change colors. I'm using Breeze Dark (the first dark theme I think I may stick with).

Various windows are slow to pick up the change. Usually closing and re-opening a window works, but sometimes a logout seems necessary to make everything happy.

Comment

I was always able to change colors if I save the color scheme (and not using the "current"/edited scheme).
      If I want to apply the edited scheme without saving, it refuses to change colors.

Could this be the error, happening to you?

Comment

I've installed 14.10 plasma 5 in a vm, and went to move to dark breeze, only to find the launcher unreadable (white on grey). Everything else darkened correctly. Anyone else notice this?

Comment

Oh gag, if you run breeze dark, don't use the breeze window decorations, the main window gets a 5 pixel bright blue border.

Comment

You could try to install Plasma 5.2 from Kubuntu Next Backports

If I set everything to Breeze Dark, it looks like this:

I think that Kubuntu Next Backport could not be really "released", yet, but it works fine (except for this bug with Teamspeak crashing if you set the capturing device to PulseAudio; just set it to ALSA)

Note:
            Maybe it could be a little struggle to upgrade from Plasma 5.1.1 to 5.2. It ended up like this:

ppa-purge ppa:kubuntu-ppa/next
            (Select option, which wont uninstall all your graphics drivers)
            add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/next
            add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/next-backports
            apt update
            apt full-upgrade
            apt install plasma-desktop
            apt remove lightdm
            apt install sddm sddm-theme-breeze
            apt remove sddm-theme-maledives

[Maybe I forgot some packages, I installed afterwards; No warranty it works ]
            Last edited by mrboese; Jan 28, 2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Notsonoble View Post
              I've installed 14.10 plasma 5 in a vm, and went to move to dark breeze, only to find the launcher unreadable (white on grey). Everything else darkened correctly. Anyone else notice this?
              Yes, same here. And the popup bits like floating your cursor over the date widget.

Currently having to stick with Breeze desktop theme. Still using Breeze Dark color scheme.

Comment

Moving to 5.2 from backports seems to have fixed the ugly boarder in the breeze window decorations, but its now the only window decoration option. the background of the application launcher is still a light grey. I'll screenshot when I get the vm back up. (Just sat down at host machine).

Comment

Working...
                X