X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to install exiv2 v 0.24

Hello,

Compiling Digikam 4.5.0 requires exiv2 version 0.24. Or, Kubuntu uses version 0.23. I compiled the 0.24 version and it is installed in / usr / local / ... How to make the compilation uses the 0.24 release?

Thank you for your help

Pierre

When running cmake, there is probably a switch to point it to /usr/local, but I am not sure if you can do so for individual libraries and other deps. The standard for us is /usr

But...........
    14.10 sure does have 0.24 already
    Code:
    us@gus-Latitude-D830:~$ apt-cache policy exiv2
    exiv2:
      Installed: (none)
      Candidate: 0.24-2ubuntu1
      Version table:
         0.24-2ubuntu1 0
            500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ utopic/universe amd64 Packages
    Do you have the related -dev package(s) installed?
    One way to get a majority, if not all of build dependencies installed is to issue:
    sudo apt-get build-dep digikam

And run cmake similar to this:
    cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr

Comment

Claydoh thank you for the quick response.

Configuration for compiling Digikam through a script called bootstrap.linux. This seems to replace the traditional ./configure. The compile error comes from bootstrap.linux script.

Code:
      - Starting CMake configuration for: libkexiv2
      - Could NOT find Exiv2: Found Unsuitable Version "0.23.0" purpose is required at least "0.24" (found /usr/lib/libexiv2.so)
      Maybe I should change a variable in one of the cmake files to instruct the precompiler where to find the correct version of exiv2? But I do not know how.

Comment

You are on 14.10 Utopic, correct?
        If not, you could just uninstall the stock libexiv2 and exiv2 things, and try rebuilding the library, but using /usr as the config/install path when compiling.

I don't know the bootstrap script, other than it is calling cmake, but without looking at it I might suggest asking the digikam folks how to adjust paths if you want to use a custom libexiv path.
        Last edited by claydoh; Nov 19, 2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X