This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Bluetooth adapters have been found.

I am having an issue with my bluetooth not working, or showing up at all. Whenever I open up bluetooth settings, I get the message (No Bluetooth adapters have been found). Has not worked since I started using Kubuntu which was version 14.04. My bluetooth adapter is "Bluetooth: Ralink corp. RT3290 Bluetooth" and my computer is an hp envy h8-1414. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting this adapter to work.

"rfkilll list all" is as follows:

0: phy0: Wireless LAN
    Soft blocked: no
    Hard blocked: no

Also, performing the following the steps, from here, has not yielded any favorable results:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall linux-headers-generic build-essential

After that, compile and install the driver as follows -
    1) Download the latest backported driver package from here - http://drvbp1.linux-foundation.org/~...tml/backports/
    2) Copy the downloaded tar.bz2 package to your Ubuntu Desktop > Right-click > Extract here.
    3) Open a terminal and run the following commands one-by-one

cd Desktop/backports-3.18-rc1-1
    make defconfig-ath9k
    make
    sudo make install

If someone has the answer to resolving this issue, and willing to share that knowledge, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you greatly

First I would see what System Settings / Driver Manager possibly has available.

If no dice try a few commands and see if anything Blue(tooth) shows up:
    Code:
    lsusb
    Code:
    lspci
    Code:
    sudo lsmod |grep blue

Comment

The bluetooth is an onboard bluetooth adapter. When I mentioned what type of bluetooth adapter I had, I copied and pasted from the terminal when I used the lspci command (I omitted some info from the beginning). If you need me to post the whole output of lspci I will. Let me know if you still need me to post.

Comment

OK, I didn't know if you had your info from a folder or so, this is the best confirmation, you are following the correct links.

Strange the Ububuntu users were successful.
        Did you check you have bluedevil installed, does the bluetooth icon show up in System Settings and the System Tray?
        I read you opened the Bluetooth settings, that'll be in System Settings?

Comment

I am sorry I have not repied in a while, I am pretty busy at the moment. I was thinking the same about procedure not working for me but working for others. I had blueman and bluedevil installed at the time I tried to compile the drivers. At the moment blueman not installed because I saw no point in having it on if it was not working. I did open the bluetooth manager kdesettings, but i also used blueman and bluedevil (which I think is kde). I do have the latest version of bluedevil installed as well. The issue I had when I compiled was that the bluetooth icon showed in tray but wireless and bluetooth was not working. At the moment, I uncompiled the driver and now no bluetooth icon is showing, but wireless is working again. Also, I have not tried to compile again since upgrading to 14:10.
          Last edited by flipflip47; Dec 16, 2014, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Just found this thread: I'm having similar problems with Kubuntu 14.04; I've just got a USB BT adaptor as my older machine doesn't have on-board BT.

It's fine in Lubuntu, but in Kubuntu I have to open Terminal and run pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover (full sequence is make sure Blueman is running, switch on headphones, run script, check the right boxes in PulseAudio to let me select the headphones) and they have sound. My problem is that the sound is slightly distorted - I can hear fairly clearly but with interference like an old AM radio with a thunderstorm nearby, which makes music listening unpleasant.

This may get your sound up - can anyone help with my sound distortion?!

Comment

Working...
            X