This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scratch on Kubuntu

i am having issues with Firefox on Kubuntu 14.04 64bit. it has various problems that were not solved by theme changes etc.

i added chromium, which seems to work fine for most pages.

yesterday, i was showing scratch online to my kid. we were doing a simple exercise from a book he borrowed at the library. it didn't work in chromium (it said "plugin is missing"), it did work in Firefox, but quite slow and the program we wrote ran bad (lag?!). to be sure i didn't make an error we ran it on another old windows PC where it worked ok.

what do i need to make scratch run in chromium? do i need to add pepper flash to chromium? will that interfere with firefox?

is there a better way to run it in Kubuntu? Maybe some offline option?

It used to work on all browsers. Im guessing that the problem is that Flash is basically dead. I got it to work on Chrome. Just clicked the activated flash or similar button.

Comment

i will trya Chrome or add peper flash to chromium.

yeah, everyone was dropping flash already, and they decided to move to it from i think it was java or something. a very strange decision indeed.

if nothing else i guess we could use the old version. it should be good enough for practice and the offline should work on linux. we are just following the book and exercises. i htink later on the book switches to python anyway, but he is not there yet (neither am i )

Comment

Working...
      X