This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clamav-daemon error after every single package install

Hello again, folks, long time no see, because for a long time I was happy with Kubuntu 14.04-LTS. Finally installed xenial, have several issues, although otherwise running fine. This one is puzzling. First, the details:
    Output of uname -a:
    Linux <my machine name> 4.10.0-35-generic #39~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 13 09:02:42 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    After almost each and every package installation in synaptic (basically anything that runs scripts against clamav or clamav-daemon), I get the following error:

clamav-daemon: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

I exit from the error:
    1) the package I was installing has installed successfully anyway.
    2) Synaptic reports no broken packages.
    3) Running "service --status-all" returns:
    [ + ] clamav-daemon
    [ + ] clamav-freshclam

So apparently, nothing to worry about, unless any of you can point to a potential problem. I really just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same behavior when installing a package that runs scripts against clamav.
    (I also know that clamav/clamav-daemon are running because my Thunderbird uses the clamdrib extension, scans my emails correctly, and tests against clamav successfully, though I admit this is probably not the most reliable method to test clamav).

I also did check launchpad, there is a bug listed as fixed in clamav 0.99+dfsg-1ubuntu1 (xenial), but synaptic installed 0.99.2+dsfg-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 (xenial-updates). Regression?
    Anyone else notice this? Anyone able to clear this?

TIA and cheers

Originally posted by r_avital View Post
    Hello again, folks, long time no see, because for a long time I was happy with Kubuntu 14.04-LTS. Finally installed xenial, have several issues, although otherwise running fine. This one is puzzling. First, the details:
    Output of uname -a:
    Linux <my machine name> 4.10.0-35-generic #39~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 13 09:02:42 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    After almost each and every package installation in synaptic (basically anything that runs scripts against clamav or clamav-daemon), I get the following error:

clamav-daemon: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1

I exit from the error:
    1) the package I was installing has installed successfully anyway.
    2) Synaptic reports no broken packages.
    3) Running "service --status-all" returns:
    [ + ] clamav-daemon
    [ + ] clamav-freshclam

So apparently, nothing to worry about, unless any of you can point to a potential problem. I really just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same behavior when installing a package that runs scripts against clamav.
    (I also know that clamav/clamav-daemon are running because my Thunderbird uses the clamdrib extension, scans my emails correctly, and tests against clamav successfully, though I admit this is probably not the most reliable method to test clamav).

I also did check launchpad, there is a bug listed as fixed in clamav 0.99+dfsg-1ubuntu1 (xenial), but synaptic installed 0.99.2+dsfg-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 (xenial-updates). Regression?
    Anyone else notice this? Anyone able to clear this?

TIA and cheers
    Probably not a common error or more likely few or any here use clamav.

You might add your info to this bug:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...v/+bug/1718045

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Comment

I installed clamv to check emails. Freshclam runs as a process on my setup, not clamv-daemon, which is not installed.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X