This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP4 DeVeDe K3B Video DVD playable in normal player

Another thread piqued my interest and I did a search on the net and found this:

https://www.ghacks.net/2009/03/20/cr...isofs-and-k3b/

That got me to thinking that really, it might be that a "multistage" approach would produce satisfactory results.

So, to that end, I installed DeVeDe from the normal repos.

I had an "MP4" of a television show.

I placed it in /home so that it was easily found and opened DeVeDe and selected the file, a couple of steps ( it does ask if a menu is desired, which I selected ) were presented and after maybe 20 minutes ( it stated the time) it popped a screen saying "job done".

I clicked close and it asked if I wanted to "abort the DVD". Well...hmmmmm ok so I canceled.

Searched the folder that DeVeDe had asked to be created and several of the "vob" etc files were there but nothing worked.

Ok...made some coffee and repeated the process; this time making a folder with another name and it went through the process again. This time in about 10 minutes it again popped the message only this time it had a continue button which I clicked and ...woah!!!

K3B appeared and offered to make the video DVD!!!

Ok, selected yes and a few minutes later the normal K3B message "Success!" appeared and the DVD was outside the machine in the tray.

Ok closed K3B, DeVeDe appeared and I clicked close and it popped if I wanted to "abort the DVD" I said yes, and ok...

checked the Both folders ...now BOTH folders have ALL of the appropriate files.

Testing the DVD with Dragon Player took a minute and didn't work.

Tested it with QmPlay2 and after a minute the video appeared with sound.

Tested it in a six year old Samsung DVD-BluRay player and after a few seconds a white menu displaying the one title appeared and the video played.

So, the concept of a multistage / multiapp method worked.

The next step is to try to place several MP4s on a DVD to see how many can be so placed and I may, or may not, report back.

The number of MP4s that can go on a DVD would be variable due to the length of the videos and also the file size.

And, if anyone is wondering why I would go to the trouble to do this, my DVD player will, indeed, play just a plain MP4 but I'm doing it as an exercise.

ANYwhoooo... the process does, indeed, work and again..

if anyone has comments, especially about adding several videos to create one video DVD, please post them.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Jun 10, 2017, 10:00 AM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Wooddiscoversthatk3bcreatesdvdssmoke!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post

The next step is to try to place several MP4s on a DVD to see how many can be so placed and I may, or may not, report back.

The number of MP4s that can go on a DVD would be variable due to the length of the videos and also the file size.

And, if anyone is wondering why I would go to the trouble to do this, my DVD player will, indeed, play just a plain MP4 but I'm doing it as an exercise.

ANYwhoooo... the process does, indeed, work and again..

if anyone has comments, especially about adding several videos to create one video DVD, please post them.

woodsmoke

yes you can add more than one video file ,,,,as long as you do not go over the size that will fit on the media size you have selected in the the first screen of the process (where your still adding files) their is a "disk usage" indicator that will show the "estimated" disk usage ,,,but in my experiences with it ,,,,it usually is a bit heavy in it's estimates.

it will make nice menus as well and you can "preview" your work to see how it's going to look . I , usually , if doing a movie will use a screen shot from the movie as a background for the menu .

I like it and have used it for several years .

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

LOL yes GG I did know that before but just trying to make it straight out from K3B ...K3B said that there were not the correct files available. I seems to me that It USED to just maked them from the skin out because I did that several years ago, but I slept since then.

Vinny, thankeeee thankeeee , I will now attempt to make a multi-video DVD and not be too much afeared that I'll waste the plastic.

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
        X