This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get new window decorations

I have KDE 4.14.18 and when I try to get new window decorations within system settings -> workspace appearance all it does is tell me it's initialising and no new decorations appear. When I click on the installed option, it should display all the window decorations that are currently installed but does not display anything.

Is this part of KDE4 broken due to Plasma5 decorations?
    systemd is not for me. I am a retro Nintendo gamer. consoles I play on are, SNES; N64; GameCube and WII.
    Host: mx Kernel: 4.19.0-6-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 Desktop: Trinity R14.0.8 tk: Qt 3.5.0 info: kicker wm: Twin 3.0 base: Debian GNU/Linux 10

It possibly could be a problem with the new website that actually hosts the themes, etc - https://store.kde.org/ - having a bad or broken link to the window decorations in relation to what link KDE 4 is looking for
    Firing up a VM, I see the same issue, but I don't immediately see where to file a bug on this. Other KDE 4 theme/icons/etc downloads via system settings seem to work for me.

Many of the window decorations are compatible with both KDE 4 and Plasma 5, I don't see a separate section for them on the site, just the Aurorae section, so if necessary they can still be downloaded and installed manually, I assume.

Comment

I ran into this issue myself a couple of days ago on K14.04. Could download other themes, icons and stuff, but window decorations just "Initialising" forever.
      Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
      Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

GTK themes don't work either.
        Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
        Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

I just had a look and I'm seeing the same issue. KDE 4.13.3

And I think I had a similar issue a few weeks ago with another component's "Get Hot New Stuff" feature.
          I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
          X