This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gimps strips Exif from files

This is my own fault. I added some PPAs to get a newer version of Gimp, but decided to go back and so I Uninstalled Gimp, UFraw and some other things, removed the PPAs, and re-installed.

Now, some months later when I can't remember all that I did any more, I noticed that my exports from Gimp result in files with no Exif information in them.

I've switched to using Darktable (in stead of UFRaw). My exports from Darktable definitely does have the Exif data in the file, as proved by exiftool, gwenview, etc.

But when I then open a file in Gimp and export it, the resulting file does not have Exif data.

Also how do I get Darktable to work as a RAW importer for Gimp. I currently open the RAW image in Darktable, do my adjustments, export it (As 16-bit PNG ), then manually open this in Gimp.

With UFRaw I used to be able to just "open in GIMP" the Raw image, which automatically opened the file in UFraw and when done, pass the adjusted image to Gimp. Now when I do that, Gimp tries to use it's own built in "raw importer" which does not have the capabilities that I want.

So how do I choose the Raw importer (UFraw, Darktable, or X) to be used by Gimp.

But more importantly how do I get Gimp to preserve the Exif data in the image?

Is there a way I can find a list of all packages resident on my system that did not come from a "standard" PPA? Or just a list of packages installed, sorted by the Package repository from which it was installed? Or even just a list of active repositories and the number of packages installed from each?

Originally posted by Tahaan View Post
    This is my own fault. I added some PPAs to get a newer version of Gimp, but decided to go back and so I Uninstalled Gimp, UFraw and some other things, removed the PPAs, and re-installed.
    Is there a way I can find a list of all packages resident on my system that did not come from a "standard" PPA? Or just a list of packages installed, sorted by the Package repository from which it was installed? Or even just a list of active repositories and the number of packages installed from each?
    install muon (sudo apt install muon)
    use muon select by origin it is on the left in the filter area. Select a repository and sort by install status . this will not really give you a count but let you see what is installed per repo.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

That helps, but only to confirm that nothing is installed from the wrong repository!

So I need to look elsewhere... Maybe I need to un-install with purge everything related to Exif and UFraw and Gimp, then re-install them...

Comment

Working...
      X