This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Akonadi/ Kmail. Cannot get my email

Today Kmail stoped working and I get the following while running akonadictl start

Starting Akonadi Server...
    Unable to register service as "org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control.lock" Maybe it's already running?
    "[
    0: /usr/bin/akonadi_control() [0x42a557]
    1: /usr/bin/akonadi_control() [0x42a7b2]
    2: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x36d40) [0x7f6b73859d40]
    3: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x39) [0x7f6b73859cc9]
    4: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0x148) [0x7f6b7385d0d8]
    5: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtCore.so.4(_Z17qt_message_output9QtMsgTypePKc+ 0x102) [0x7f6b7488cc92]
    6: /usr/bin/akonadi_control() [0x42c5dd]
    7: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtCore.so.4(_ZN9QIODevice5writeEPKcx+0xb0) [0x7f6b74927470]
    8: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtCore.so.4(+0x11ab3d) [0x7f6b74936b3d]
    9: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQtCore.so.4(_ZN11QTextStreamD1Ev+0x31) [0x7f6b7493f721]
    10: /usr/bin/akonadi_control() [0x40cdc9]
    11: /usr/bin/akonadi_control() [0x4095fd]
    12: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5) [0x7f6b73844ec5]
    13: /usr/bin/akonadi_control() [0x4098ef]
    ]
    "
    Error: akonadi_control was started but didn't register at D-Bus session bus.
    Make sure your system is set up correctly!

Changing the name of ~/.config/akonadi and ~/.local/share/akonadi helps to make Kmail running again, but cannot access to my mail. I have 5 POP accounts and want to restore my messages. Also I have every boot to manually stop akonadi_control and akonadiserver, otherwise the logs errors eat my HD space!

Julian

HI and welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!

could you provide more info about your particular OS install?

POP has always been a "problem" for Akonadai and Kmail because Yahoo doesn't really wnat you to go off the farm.

I assume that you know your way around linux somewhat since you gave us an error message, but more info about your OS would help

And I'm sure that someone with current info will pop in to help!

woodagainhismoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
      HI and welcome to the friendliest forum on the net!

could you provide more info about your particular OS install?
      Well, this is the Kubuntu 14.04 subforum...

POP has always been a "problem" for Akonadai and Kmail because Yahoo doesn't really wnat you to go off the farm.
      I don't know. Do not use Yahoo mail. Thanks,

Julian

I assume that you know your way around linux somewhat since you gave us an error message, but more info about your OS would help

And I'm sure that someone with current info will pop in to help!

woodagainhismoke

Comment

I also cannot find where my mail is. All the subfolders at ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail are empty!

Comment

I partially solved it using the information of this threat https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...folder-located

I found my mail at ~/.local/share/local-mail. After renaming ~/.local/share/akonadi rebooting many times and playing with the akonadi_maildir_resource_#rc and specialmailcollectionsrc started to work. However Kmail now shows three different Local Folders trees. One real and two empties.

Comment

Working...
          X