Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email client that works with Google contacts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email client that works with Google contacts?

I've been using Thunderbird for as long as there has been a Thunderbird. I like the fact that it keeps multiple accounts separate from one another. Up until Google changed the Contacts API, I had a TBird add-on (Google Contacts) that kept my TBird address books and groups synchronized with my GMail contacts. Life was good.

Recently, the gContactSync add-on has also had problems keeping my GMail groups synced. I need another solution.

I need an email client that will work with multiple IMAP GMail accounts, keep those accounts separate (with their own inboxes, etc), and automatically stay synced with changes to my GMail contacts -- including groups.

While I have multiple GMail accounts (and a couple of POP3 accounts with my ISP), and an AOL IMAP account, I only maintain contacts in ONE of those accounts (my primary Google account). Up until now, TBird with the gContactSync add-on has made all of my contacts in that single account available to any and all of my Google email accounts, the same way that the Android GMail app does. This is convenient.

Any suggestions on an email client that will meet my needs?

Thanks.

Frank.
    Last edited by Frank616; Nov 29, 2015, 09:50 AM.
    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Kontact does, indeed, FOR MOI... work with Google contacts and I also have multiple gmail accounts, a yahoo acount and the college account, and it does sync them..

I have NOT done Gmail "groups", so I may not be addressing your particular question.

A lot of other stuff in the suite has become iffy but the contacts work, at least for me.

And I detest it that Kontact seems to be getting the old heave-ho but I do all of my e-mail etc off device and on a phone nowadays so........

I started a thread some time ago about just "why" Kubuntu when so many of the "KDE" apps are not being used, but didn't get much comment.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Woodsmoke:

Is Kontact an email client, or does it just serve to provide an address book for KMail?

I started playing with KMail, but only have one account loaded at the moment. I synced with my GMail contacts, but not my GMail groups. That is what TBird does now with the extension, so not sure if it will be of any advantage to me.

I may have to maintain my groups manually.

Frank.
      Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Working...
      X