This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help with drm content in Firefox

I am having an issue viewing DRM content on Hulu with Firefox and Chrome. I have a desktop and a laptop running Kubuntu 14.04, my desktop can view the content while my laptop cannot, how can I figure out what I did on my desktop that works but didn't work on laptop. Not sure what info you need but I have installed the pepperflash stuff, hal is installed, I can view youtube like videos in full screen on firefox now thanks to pepper, but I still can't get drm content on my laptop. I've done so many fixes and stuff I don't know what to do now.

if you used https://launchpad.net/~mjblenner/+ar...ubuntu/ppa-hal zomby hal ,,,,,,,,it needs the standard flash

I used to use it for amazon prime video but now google chrome will do it .

I do not know about Hulu but hear is a old how to for hal and firefox http://www.howtogeek.com/204319/how-...ideo-on-linux/

I think at least you would half to get rid of the pepperflash stuff and get back to the standard flash first.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thank you for replying. I think by george I got it, what I did was open muon software center, installed software, deleted all pepperflash stuff, also noticed that hal-flash and zombie flash are both installed along with the ppa's I think. One video I tried gave me a new error though but the second video started, instead of error code 3336, drm content error, I got an error code 3310, but when I tried this movie a second time it started just fine. So, thank you for your help.

Comment

I gotta say, I love this forum, you guys here have been great in helping me get things done with my Linux systems, I've only been messing with Linux maybe 3 years solid and about 6 years just dinking around with several distros before finally settling in with Kubuntu 14.04, I'm going to stay with the LTS versions for a while, at least till I get a better handle on Linux in general. But thank you all very much.

Comment

I am sure I speak for every one ,,,,when I say ,,, you are welcome

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
          X