X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Akonadi - excessive db data

Hi all,

My girlfriend's laptop is running kubuntu 14.04, and I recently went to run rsync to do a backup to a flash drive. The backup took forever to run, and the reason was that akonadi seems to be storing a ridiculous amount of data.

Her ~/.local/akonadi/file_db_data/ folder is nearly 12 GB in size and contains nearly 200,000 individual files.

By comparison, on my 15.04 desktop the equivalent folder is 80 MB and 941 files.

Each individual file within this folder seems to be an email. Since she doesn't have 200,000 emails retained, I can only assume that this folder is retaining details of emails that were deleted long ago. She is using kmail as her mail client.

Does anyone know the correct way to clean up this folder without losing her current emails?

Thanks.

Try the akonadi fsck, as described here
    https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?...122797#p323373

This worked for me when I had my db grow rapidly in 15.04

I believe this is available in 14.04.

The database itself does not contain the actual mail, so even wiping the database, etc will not touch the messages.

The rest of that thread may help as well.

Sent from my LG G4

Comment

Thanks claydoh. Running "akonadictl fsck" as the regular user whilst in the ~/.local/akonadi/file_db_data/ folder cleaned it up and massively reduced the number of files. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it grows again........

Comment

Working...
      X