This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Icons and Cursor and more are huge

So I was using an emulator and it blew up my cursor and icons and all the text in everything I open and when I went to display to put the resolution on lowest it only affected the screen size but didn't shrink the cursor/icons/text to normal, is there another way to fix this or something I'm missing?

have you restarted ,,,,,,,,,?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Yeah it still blows up after the initial loading

Comment

try deleting /var/tmp/kdecache-<you>/

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I still have this huge screen, I'm practically ready to reformat this is so annoying, but if I don't figure this out I won't be able to use the emulator at all

My CD Drive is shot, can I reformat without it?

Comment

befor you do that ,,,,,,log out,,,,,,,,go to a TTY (ctrl+alt+F6) log in hear (it's a text console) do
            Code:
            mv .kde .kde.old
            now go back to the login screen (ctrl+alt+F7) and login ..........if this fixes things we know at least where the config files are located that will change things ..... a new .kde will be generated at login with default values

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

Whoa

Well, everything did shrink back down, however I can't move or resize windows, not sure if thats to be expected or not

Comment

Originally posted by KudosMatrix7 View Post
                Whoa

Well, everything did shrink back down, however I can't move or resize windows, not sure if thats to be expected or not
                not expected ,,,,you should have a default ,,,as new setup ??

if in dolphin ,,,,,at home ,,,,press alt+. you will see all the hidden files and folders that start with a . you can if you like to play ,,,,,,go split view in dolphin and open .kde and .kde.old and start moving things back from .kde.old to .kde one or 2 files or 1 folder at a time and log out and back in to see which one breaks or fixes things .

VINNY
                16GB RAM

Comment

EDIT:

Ah okay this definitely puts me on the right track, thank you, I shall experiment

Is there a hotkey for logging out? The default kde only offers a switch user option which doesn't log out, and logging out in the terminal doesn't seem to affect it when I go back to the screen
                  Last edited by KudosMatrix7; Apr 28, 2015, 08:35 PM.

Comment

A little shot of the default kde

Goin from too large to having too little control, but thanks to your suggestions I can gradually restore functionality and pinpoint the cause of the bigness
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by KudosMatrix7; Apr 28, 2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X