X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ksnapshot Screenshooter bug

Has anyone else run into this yet?
    Ksnapshot moves the frame when "window under the mouse pointer" option is selected, cutting from the bottom and right edge of the window.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ksnaphot.png
Views:	1
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	648918

This wasn't the case when I first installed Kubuntu 14.04, must have been introduced by some update - or...?
    Kubuntu 18.04
    Laptop: Tuxedo InifinityBook Pro v5

Yeah I get that one too, and it's not new (it has been doong that ever since i got my new laptop, which is about a year).

I haven't spent any time invetigating, but I have a suspicion it has something to do with the window border/halo effect, since that's about the amount that the window seems to be shifted over. You could try turning that effect off to see if that makes a difference?
    samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

I also have the shadow effect active. If I turn off both the Halo and the shadow, the screenshot border is off only by a few pixels - still not exactly window size though.
      If either effect is turned on, I get the same bug.
      So that basically means, Ksnaphot has no idea what a window is, it only goes by graphical clues to determine the size of the window?
      Kubuntu 18.04

Comment

I really can't say, I've never really messed around with my desktop effects much, I tend to just leave things the way they are set up originally.

I was curious to see if it might be a Qt thing, so I tried screenshotting a gnome program to see if that worked...no dice, same problem.

I've looked around a bit and couldn't find much about it, someone was saying it could be a compiz problem but I don't know enough about graphical stuff to say either way.
        samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

not seeing this @hear

But I do not see a "halo" or a "shadow" effect in my system settings>desktop effects either ..........

do you have "include window decorations" checked in Ksnapshot ?

FYI: the effects in Kubuntu are NOT from compiz .......it's a kwin thing ,,,,,,,,if you install compiz in Kubuntu you nead the "fusion-icon" so you can switch on/off kwin wile using compiz........or so it was at one time

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Looks fine here

with the active window glow included.
            I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Vinny, i thought you were likely to know about compiz!

BTW the "halo" probably isn't the name of the effect as it appears in the menu, just a description - I wasn't at my laptop so I couldn't check (and still can't).

Thanks both of you for the screenshots, I'll try and take some soon but they look just like bennypr0fane's.

Let's try and narrow down the problem...I can see Vinny's using an nvidia GPU, how about the rest of you? My laptop just has integrated Intel graphics (haswell generation).
              samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

No problem with KSnapshot here, also with an Intel GPU.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	KSnapshot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	642770
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
                  BTW the "halo" probably isn't the name of the effect as it appears in the menu, just a description -
                  The name is System Settings is

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
                  window glow

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
                    Let's try and narrow down the problem...I can see Vinny's using an nvidia GPU, how about the rest of you? My laptop just has integrated Intel graphics (haswell generation).
                    nvidia with latest nvidia driver

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                      do you have "include window decorations" checked in Ksnapshot ?
                      No, not normally. I just tried it > looks fine!
                      However, if I disable it, window decoarations are in the screenshot anyway - bottom and right border cut off.

My GPU is also Nvidia, GeForce 8200, very old though - not using the latest driver either, bcs it screws up some Steam games.
                      Last edited by bennypr0fane; Mar 03, 2015, 05:24 PM.
                      Kubuntu 18.04

Comment

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=340929

Comment

What compositing type are you using? If you try a different one, does the problem persist or go away?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                            What compositing type are you using? If you try a different one, does the problem persist or go away?
                            I was using XRender. Switched to OpenGL3.1, problem goes away!
                            Kubuntu 18.04

Comment

There ya go

Hey Feathers, how about on your system?

Comment

Working...
                              X