If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ. You will have to register
before you can post. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If you have copied text output that contains formatting (colors, highlighting, etc.), please do not enclose it in QUOTE or CODE tags. Just right-click your mouse and choose "Paste Without Formatting" or similar (Paste as plain text).
Not yet decided for certain? Looks like there has been some interest in turning the sound off by default but leaving a user-option to turn it on.
Now this may really sound "out there," but I like the sound because it slows me down to let the desktop fully load (or do whatever it does to be ready for user actions). If you (or I should say, I) try to do something too quickly (like open Firefox), there is a delay before it fully responds. If I wait for the notification music to end, the desktop and apps seem ready for clicking. (Excuse for such a silly post: I just woke up, first cup of tea, starting to run some laundry here.)
But I think it is isomorphic to a circle, the bijective mapping being the obvious one from center along radii. Besides, the Flinstones would have used his wheel for their carts. Well, maybe Fred would have.
Boy, I'm sure it's there, but I can't find it, and it's stuck in my head to do.
Upon booting into Kubuntu (14.04), you enter your P/W, it loads, and at the end, you come to the Desktop screen. At that point, you can get a little sound/music notification that you are there and it is ready. Where in the dickens under Settings do you turn that sound on? (Mine, obviously, is off.)
Leave a comment: